Humidifier Installation & Repair in Reading
Enjoy a More Comfortable Indoor Environment Today!
Humidifiers increase the levels of moisture in the air. Moisture is released through water vapor or steam. If you are considering installing a humidifier, look to the team at The Plumbing Works. We serve both residential and commercial customers, offering outstanding humidifier installation and repair Reading and the surrounding areas in Berks County.
Is the air in your home too dry? Call The Plumbing Works today at (610) 440-3555! We're your humidifier specialists!
What are the Health Benefits of Humidifiers?
There are several benefits to having a humidifier installed. According to the Mayo Clinic, humidifiers can:
- Ease dry skin and breathing problems
- Reduce chapped lips and bloody noses
- Lessen asthma and allergy symptoms
- Ease breathing and respiratory illnesses, such as colds
Do You Need to Maintain Your Humidifier?
In short, yes. Dirty humidifiers can make breathing problems worse. You will also need to monitor the level of humidity released. While increased moisture levels can be helpful, too much moisture becomes harmful. High levels of moisture can lead to mold, bacterial growth, and cause dust mites to spawn. It will also cause condensation to form on walls and other surfaces. High levels of humidity can leave your home or business feeling unventilated and even trigger asthma or allergy attacks.
There are simple solutions to track humidity levels:
- Scheduling regular maintenance will ensure that your humidifier is kept clean.
- If you have a central humidifier installed, you may want to consider adding a humidistat. These are used to automatically regulate indoor humidity levels without you needing to constantly check or change the levels.
- Another option is to install a hygrometer. This is similar to a thermometer in that it can be placed on a wall or other surface to measure the humidity in the air. A hygrometer will allow for more manual control than a humidistat. We will help you decide if a humidistat or a hygrometer is more beneficial for your home or business.
Ready to Install Your New Humidifier?
Humidifiers have numerous health benefits. They help alleviate dry skin problems, as well as reduce chances of dry sinuses or bloody noses caused by low moisture levels. Humidifiers are especially useful during flu and cold season by helping to ease breathing troubles brought on during upper and lower respiratory infections. In certain situations, you may want to install both a humidifier and a dehumidifier.
Maintenance and cleaning are easily achieved with our service agreement. If you’re interested in humidifier installation in Reading or need repairs for your existing system, our team is here to help! Get in touch with us to learn more about our affordable everyday pricing and financing options.
Start benefiting from having the ideal moisture level in your home or business. Call us at (610) 440-3555 for professional humidifier installations and maintenance services.