When You Need Us…We’ll Be There!
Is the air in your home too dry? Call The Plumbing Works today at (610) 929-8860! We’re your humidifier specialists!
What are the Health Benefits of Humidifiers?
There are several benefits to having a humidifier installed. According to the Mayo Clinic, humidifiers can:
- Ease dry skin and breathing problems
- Reduce chapped lips and bloody noses
- Lessen asthma and allergy symptoms
- Ease breathing and respiratory illnesses, such as colds
Do You Need to Maintain Your Humidifier?
In short, yes. Dirty humidifiers can make breathing problems worse. You will also need to monitor the level of humidity released. While increased moisture levels can be helpful, too much moisture becomes harmful. High levels of moisture can lead to mold, bacterial growth, and cause dust mites to spawn. It will also cause condensation to form on walls and other surfaces. High levels of humidity can leave your home or business feeling unventilated and even trigger asthma or allergy attacks.
There are simple solutions to track humidity levels:
- Scheduling regular maintenance will ensure that your humidifier is kept clean.
- If you have a central humidifier installed, you may want to consider adding a humidistat. These are used to automatically regulate indoor humidity levels without you needing to constantly check or change the levels.
- Another option is to install a hygrometer. This is similar to a thermometer in that it can be placed on a wall or other surface to measure the humidity in the air. A hygrometer will allow for more manual control than a humidistat. We will help you decide if a humidistat or a hygrometer is more beneficial for your home or business.